Are you in search of a spicy dish that will please a crowd? Look no further! This recipe for Nashville Hot Fried Chicken has the perfect combination of heat and crispiness.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, pour the buttermilk over the chicken pieces. Make sure they are fully submerged. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil, a few at a time. Fry for about 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Serve the Nashville Hot Fried Chicken hot and enjoy!
MORE TASTY RECIPES:
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes, check out these links:
Don’t miss out on any of our amazing recipes! Subscribe to our channel to receive weekly updates.
FOLLOW QUICK FIX:
Connect with us on social media for more quick fixes!
- Facebook: Tia Mowry’s Quick Fix Facebook
- Instagram: Tia Mowry’s Quick Fix Instagram
- Twitter: Tia Mowry’s Quick Fix Twitter
Welcome to Tia Mowry’s Quick Fix! This series is designed to help you find fast solutions for life’s little problems. Whether you need a quick meal idea for a busy weeknight or some beauty tips to get you ready in a hurry, Tia has you covered! Don’t forget to subscribe for your weekly Quick Fix! New videos are posted every Friday!
Credit: YouTube/Tia Mowry’s Quick Fix