If you’re currently parenting a teething baby or toddler, these healthy homemade apple baby teething biscuits are going to be your new best friend. Be sure to watch our video tutorial if you need a little extra help with the recipe!
Other great companies like Albee Baby carry baby gear such as strollers, high chairs, and car seats as well!
Homemade Apple Baby Teething Biscuits
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups rolled oats (8oz, 225g)
- 3 tablespoons brown rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 apple (5.5oz), mashed
- 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
What To Do:
Step 1 – Add and mix all of your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Step 2 – Melt your coconut oil either in the microwave or over a bain-marie. It shouldn’t take long.
Step 3 – Add in your brown rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix together until combined.
Step 4 – Take your mashed apple (or mash yourself). If you plan to mash yourself, just simply scoop out the apple pit and peel the apple. Then, cut into small cubes, add to pot with a bit of water and simmer till soft. Then, place soft apple cubes in a bowl, let cool off a bit and mash! (Tip: You can also use a food processor for a smooth even texture) Then, add apple puree into your oats mixture.
Step 5 – Taking your mixture, form date-like shapes and put them on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper. You can find cute little cookie cutters like the ones we used in our video for our baby teething biscuits at Amazon.
Step 6 – Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
Step 7 – Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Flip them halfway through so that you have a nice golden crisp on both sides of your biscuits.
- If you want to make it sweeter, add a banana into the mix.
Why Should You Choose Homemade Teething Biscuits?
Organic homemade teething biscuits are a great option for your baby to teeth on for many reasons! One of which being that they’ll be a major relief for sore gums and cranky teething babies. However, another added benefit to these tasty organic teething biscuits is just that. They’re tasty and organic! What can top that? Oh right, the fact that they don’t contain harmful toxins and other nasty ingredients like other baby teething products.
Many parents worry about the common chemical Bisphenol-A found in plastic teethers. Studies have linked high amounts of BPA with hormonal changes and health problems, which lead to changes in how products like baby bottles and sippy cups are manufactured. To steer clear of these future complications with your baby, it’s best to stick to homemade organic teething products, like our homemade apple baby teething biscuits!
Another benefit of homemade teething biscuits is they can be frozen and frozen teething products can add a cooling effect, further soothing your baby’s sore gums. These are just a few benefits to all-natural homemade teething biscuits but there are many more!
Other Tips To Help Your Teething Child
If your teething baby seems uncomfortable, even with their homemade teething biscuits, try these simple tips to help soothe them!
- Rub your baby’s gums. That’s it! Simply rub your bub’s gums using a clean finger or moistened gauze pad. The pressure may ease your baby’s discomfort.
- Keep it cool. As mentioned above, frozen or chilled products may help! A cold washcloth, chilled spoon or frozen biscuit can be soothing on a baby’s teething gums.
- Dry their drool. Excessive drooling is a sign of a teething tot. Having a teething ring, fingers or other objects in the mouth will produce saliva. To prevent skin irritation, keep a clean cloth handy to dry your baby’s chin. Consider applying a moisturizer such as a water-based cream or lotion.
- Try an over-the-counter remedy. If your baby is especially cranky, acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Children’s Motrin, others) might help.
However, be sure to avoid homeopathic teething tablets and teething medications that contain the pain reliever benzocaine or lidocaine. They can be harmful — or even fatal — to your baby.
I really hope you enjoy making this recipe and that your teething tot enjoys eating these delicious apple biscuits even more! If you enjoyed reading, please check out our other helpful articles for parents like Is Potty Training In Three Days Possible? And Healthy Baby Breakfast in 15 min – Fluffy Butternut Squash Pancakes.