Have you considered how prepared your family is for big disasters? If not, it’s important to take the time to get ready. Here are some tips to inspire you to create an emergency plan for your family.
It’s essential to have the necessary supplies on hand to handle emergencies. Here are some items to include in your emergency kit:
- Emergency Kit for 2 people
- Emergency Kits for 4 people
- Emergency Kit immediately available
- Emergency Kit: You can either purchase a pre-packaged emergency kit or create your own. Make sure your kit includes at least three days’ worth of food and water, a first aid kit, a flashlight, and a crank radio. If you have an infant, pack extra formula, a bottle, and extra diapers. Keep the emergency kit in an easily accessible location, such as your garage or a safe spot outside.
- Talk to Your Kids: It’s important to have a conversation with your children about what to expect during a disaster or emergency. Teach them what they should do to stay safe, such as dropping to the floor and covering their heads.
- Meeting Spots: Designate two meeting spots for your family. One should be outside your house, where you can gather to regroup. The other meeting spot should be outside your immediate neighborhood, in case you’re unable to return home.
- Miscellaneous Checklist: Share all your emergency plans with your nanny or caregiver. Additionally, scan and store copies of your important documents. Take any other necessary preparations, such as bolting furniture to the wall to prepare for earthquakes.
For more detailed information, visit www.ready.gov.
Follow What’s Up Moms
Stay connected with What’s Up Moms on social media:
- Facebook: [Insert Facebook link here]
- Instagram: [Insert Instagram link here]
- Twitter: [Insert Twitter link here]
- Pinterest: [Insert Pinterest link here]
Also, follow Elle on Instagram: [Insert Elle’s Instagram link here].
Disclaimer: These videos are provided for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions, and advice contained in our videos. What’s Up Moms is not liable for any loss or damage caused by relying on anything contained in our videos. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.